Friday, October 10, 2008

There is not much I that I think is honorable about McCain

I used to give John McCain credit for his service and sacrifice for our country. I still respect that, but I no longer consider him honorable. No, I haven't even remotely considered voting for him during this campaign, but I can't even find myself respecting a man who, well, is losing it on many levels and who doesn't have the decency to stop spewing venom everytime he opens his mouth via a campaign ad.

In times past, he might have served his country. Currently he is serving himself while doing a greater disservice to many people in this nation by ingraining more fear in their life.

Sadly, fear is one of the most potent motivators in our lives and the lives of most animals. In an ideal world, I would hope that the voting public is brighter than what McCain would want us to believe. Unfortunately, and still with some trepidation, I fear that the majority of the voting public won't come to its senses before pulling the lever on election day. Here's hoping I am proven wrong and that the polls showing that the tide is turning blue are correct.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home